Landscape Construction General Superintendent
Marina Landscape, Inc. is looking to hire highly-motivated individuals for the Landscape Construction General Superintendent position at our Northern California Branch. This exempt supervisory job classification is responsible for the overseeing multiple construction projects, leading a team of superintendents to ensure company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction; performs other work as required.
- Responsible for the overall success of a branch office construction projects by ensuring coordination of the trade contractors and their sub-contractors produce high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Manages the budget for general conditions and site services
- Develops, documents, and communicates the branch construction work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintains a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Verifies subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Drives safety compliance with all trades
- Conducts maintenance and planning of “workarounds,” shutdowns and tie-ins
- Performs pre- and actual-job site inspections
- Establishes credibility among company, contractors, union, etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- Oversees the development and management of all projects general conditions, construction schedules, and project planning/phasing during pre-construction
- Leads contractor meetings on a regular basis
- Oversees administrative, operational, and financial branch reports
- Reviews the project schedule, and creates and implements contingency plans when necessary
- Communicates schedule status, updates and changes to executives, project team, and trade contractors
- Holds staff accountable for efficiency, profit, quality, and legal compliance
- Oversees branch office construction project quality plan and implements necessary changes
- Supervises employees (e.g., selection, training, evaluation, discipline)
- Communicates expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, quality control and other performance standards to subcontractors and company employees
- Understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications
- Reviews and approves all bills for materials and subcontractor requisitions
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed
- Ensures key performance indicators (e.g., gross profit, budgets) are reported on time and to company standards
- Provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners, and company staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
An example of the preferred education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge,
skills, and competencies for this position includes: at least two (2) years of commercial construction, landscaping,
and/or hardscape experience similar to that described above.
Special Note, Licenses, and Certifications
License: Incumbents are required to possess a valid driver’s license.
Language: Though not required, bilingual English and Spanish skills are desirable.
Certifications: No specific certifications are required of this job classification.
- Health Insurance Benefits with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
If you are interested in joining the growing Marina Team, please contact our Human Resources Department at (714) 939-6600 Ext. 452, or visit us at Marinaco.com.
Marina Landscape, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.